Tuesday my two sons will go back to school for another year. We had such a lovely summer it’s hard to say goodbye, but the friends, memories, and good times will be with us always.
- sunny days swimming and socializing at the pool
- sleeping late after staying up until the wee hours finishing a great summer novel
- cookouts with friends, sharing out favorite dishes and good times
- cruising and fishing on the boat and meeting up with friends on the lake
- reuniting with family and friends we haven’t seen since last summer
- enjoying fresh watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, zucchini straight from the farmer’s gardens
- new schools, teachers, and classmates
- early morning alarms
- after-school activities
- multiplication tables, essays, and homework
My guys will be gone all day, and I will miss them so. I enjoy my children every day, delighting in their smiles, growth spurts of 6″ in one year, enormous appetities, fabulous imaginations, and hugs. Welcome new school year!