Summer seems to slipping by ever-so-gently. I’ve enjoyed these days of summer with my family, not doing anything particular, just being together. So much has happened, I’ll need to catch you up:
- my birthday gift of two parakeets. I named them Boo and Scout, taken from To Kill a Mockingbird
- we adopted an adorable 7-week-old Lab mix puppy, who we’ve named Shadow
- sewing camp every Friday with five little girls; this Friday we’re sewing American Girl doll clothes
- sewing beach backpacks for our upcoming trip to the beach. These were a project for sewing camp and I liked them so much I’m making them for my family.
- enjoying lazy days on our screened porch, reading, all of us. I finished People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks, and now I’m onto The Surrendered. Not an easy read, but something compels me to finish.
What are you filling your glorious summer days with? You will share, won’t you?